last week was spent in the 100+ degree desert of las vegas. on monday i was welcomed home with the same degree of humdity, plus rain, and it’s been that way all week. as my hair reaches monica-geller-in-bermuda levels, i’ve finally come to accept that summer is on its way. and with that comes the realization that it’s time to rethink my hair and makeup routines, so i won’t be melting and (hair)poofing until september. yes, i realize this is so very#____worldproblem, but please, let me have my thing. any menfolk who read my blog (hi dad), i’m sorry i don’t have any recs for you. i suggest birchbox man for all of your dude beauty needs.
on with the show!
first things first, if you’re going to invest in just one of these, please make it dr. feelgood. i can’t even tell you how magical this stuff is – basically, it works its powers and you won’t be sweating bullets/melting your face off, even in the worst humidity. you can really use it any way you want to – there aren’t any directions. use it alone, or under your regular makeup (i use it as a base layer, and sometimes add more on top of my various powders).
i also want to highlight B.B. cream, something relatively unknown in the makeup world unless you’re obsessive like i am. to put it simply, B.B. (beauty balm) cream is a colored makeup, lighter than foundation, with more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. it’s packed with vitamins and minerals and all sorts of good stuff for your skin. a few months ago i really wanted to try it out, but didn’t want to shell out the $$ for the expensive stuff at sephora if it wasn’t going to work out. oh so luckily i happened to see an ad for garnier’s version, walked right into CVS to find it on SALE (!! for $10!), and i’m not going to look back. this stuff works wonders. brandy endorses it too, so it must be great, right?
- dove’s dry shampoo for those days you just can’t bring yourself to wash your hair (for me, it’s mostly every day). best smelling/inexpensive one i’ve found so far.
- bumble & bumble surf spray/charlotte ronson beach waves for more lazy days. if you have wavy hair like me, simply spray into damp hair, scrunch, and go.
- garnier anti-humdity hairspray to keep all that hard work in place.
- urban decay 24/7 eyeliner – i’ve been using it for years, because it really is smudgeproof and comes in lots of fun colors!
- neon pink blush, because DUH.
and now, a GIVEAWAY!!!
i’m giving away TWO (2) of nuNAAT’s Silicon Hair Polishing Serums. i got one in my swag bag at bloggers in sin city last year, and fell in love with the product (you can listen to me rave about it here). nicole generously gifted me with LOTS of extras, and now i want to pass some on to people who will also appreciate it’s magic.
- leave a comment by wednesday, may 30th telling me your favorite summer beauty product OR your favorite product in general
that’s it! tbh i’ve never done a giveaway before and i hate doing the runaround (follow me! friend me! tweet this! follow them!) to enter a giveaway, so i’m making it simple.
also, fine print – this is not sponsored at all, just want to do something fun to kick off summer and talk about all of my favorite things!
ETA: the winners were JESS and ALYCIA! thanks for commenting, everyone! such good recs 🙂