on sunday, i ran my first half marathon. these were my some of the ADD thoughts i had throughout the run. i’ll write a recap later, but for now, this.
- it is COLD. like, i can’t feel my fingers cold. did i eat enough? i can’t eat this early in the morning. that bagel tasted like cardboard. i still love you, wegmans.
- the sun! my eyes! thank goodness i wore a hat. guess i’ll just stare at the ground for a few miles.
- is that a guy in a gorilla suit? yes, yes it is.
- crap, a hill. crap, another hill. crap, ANOTHER HILL.
- haha, that lady totally got owned by the police. hello! you can’t drive down a road with 1,500+ runners on it!
- oh look, somebody i know! i mrs. c!
- oh look, there are my parents and madeline!! i think i’ll do some silly things and completely lose my form. i hope madeline got a good picture! (vain)
- DOWNHILLS ARE A GIFT FROM GOD OMG THIS DOWNHILL I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.
- eat my dust!*
- omg this GU is disgusting. pineapple does not translate well to gooey form. OMG THERE IS THE GORILLA AGAIN!
- my neck, my back….are completely seized and i cannot run and i’m totally going to fail and omg i’ve never run more than 10 miles and now i’m at 10.5 and there is less than a 5k left I THINK I CAN DO THIS. YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE AND ALL THE OTHER QUOTES I KNOW!
- there is a 13 year old running next to me.** omg.
- the balloon thing marking the last mile was totally way off. what a trick.
.1. I MADE IT I REALLY DID IT. oh hey there is mrs. c again! now let me drop on my back in the middle of foot traffic and roll around. yeah, that feels good.
*i really wasn’t thinking it in a mean way. every person out there was amazing! you just have to tell yourself these things.
**i ran next to this kid for about a half mile. every person who passed us said “good job” or “keep it up, you’re doing great” to him. i thought it was really nice, and i gave him a big smile and wave when i (finally had the energy) sped up.