true story – in elementary school, the principal announced birthdays over the intercom during morning announcements. when your name was called, you’d go to the office and get a special birthday ribbon. i’m still not sure how i did it, but i managed to get one on my half-birthday one year…i was so sneaky back then.
today, june 12th, marks my half-birthday. halfway done with 24, halfway to go until 25. i don’t celebrate it like i did when i was a kid, in fact, it’s usually just another day. but as my life keeps changing, i keep thinking about what i’ve done, where i’ve been, and where i’m going. so like so many others, i’m doing a “list.” since i only have 6 months to go until 25 – and there’s still so much i want to accomplish – i decided to do 26 before 26, instead of 25 before 25. this gives me 1 1/2 years to do all of this. 547.5 days. can i do it?
- Go to Europe/somewhere overseas/somewhere where I need a passport
- Complete a half marathon (planned: September 2011)
- Own a pair of designer shoes – NOT paid with using a credit card
- Go on a cruise
- Start my 401(k)
- Read at least one book a month
- Go to at least one game of every major Philly sports team
- Conquer my fear and give blood
- Become actively involved in a Philly community/club/team (does kickball count!?)
- Participate in a charity event
- Master my favorite recipes/create some new ones
- Raise money for a race
- Become a better photographer
- See another Broadway show
- Lose 10 lbs.
- Hike a mountain
- Meet a celebrity
- Do karaoke in front of a large group of strangers
- Attend a music festival
- Take a class to learn a new skill
- Try 5 foods I’ve never had/have refused to try before
- Host a REAL dinner party
- See my name in REAL print
- Watch all the Harry Potter movies consecutively, no breaks.
- Go on a trip by myself
- Meet 10 new bloggers (BiSC 2012?)
maybe i’ll go make myself a half cake? who am i kidding…i’d just eat the whole thing. cupcakes it is!
EDITED TO ADD: i realized that the end date for all of this is december 12, 2012 – YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS??? 2012??!?! right before the world ends (heh). i need to make some crazier goals, i think.