can we please talk about the awesomeness that is clueless?
it’s way famous. and like, totally my favorite movie ever.
i forgot how much i loved this movie until i started watching it last night as my fall-asleep movie. i know this movie by heart, and that’s no lie. i once watched it 6 times in one day when i was stranded at my grandparent’s house with nothing to do.
there are so many things that i learned from this movie when i was 12, such as:
- “Ren and Stimpy. They’re way existential.”
- marky mark = mark whalberg
- “street slang is an increasingly valid form of expression. most of the feminine pronouns do have mocking, but not necessarily in misogynistic undertones.”
- litigators are the scariest types of lawyers
- in takes 20 minutes to get anywhere in L.A.
another great measure of influence? cher’s haitian refugee speech is listen under “movie speeches” on americanrhetoric.com. oh yeah, it’s that awesome.
clueless quotes just as useful as quotes from the office or mean girls. you can make them fit almost any situation.
a personal application:
last year, driving with sarah;
sarah: whoops, i kinda ran that right on red
me: whatever, you totally paused!
please spread the clueless love in the comments.