>i was officially “tagged” to do this on facebook a few days ago by alex, but didn’t get around to doing this until now.
25 random things about me.
1. I name my electronics the names I would never have the courage to name my children (i.e. Stella the MacBook)
2. I keep a running list of expensive things I want to get when I have an actual career
3. I took piano lessons for 7 years and can still play moderately well
4. For a while I was really into ska music. That period of my life still embarrasses me.
5. I didn’t get my license until I was 17 because I was too lazy to go to the rec center and take the 5 hour. I had my permit for a little less than a year and it almost expired. (That said, I passed my driving test on the first try).
6. When I was in kindergarten I wanted to be a doctor. That dream was quickly crushed when I passed out getting my ears pierced and at subsequent doctors visits that involved anything resembling a needle.
6a. Because of my needle phobia (belonephobia), I’ve never given blood. I also don’t get Novocain at the dentist (usually).
7. I was in girl scouts through 9th grade and earned my silver award (a pretty big deal).
8. I’ve never owned a video game system, but I still rock at MarioKart and play it every chance I get.
9. I love chocolate but I don’t really like chocolate cake.
10. In addition to my interning activities this past summer, I was also on a quest to find the perfect cupcake. (Note: It still hasn’t been found.)
11. Red robin fries and campfire sauce are all I need to survive.
12. I have déjà vu. A LOT. I have really weird dreams that sometimes end up coming true. I’m trying to figure out a way to harness this ability and use it to my advantage.
13. As an only child, I was forced to play on my own a lot. My toys of choice were Barbies, and I had my own little world for them. In my mind there were roads mapped out on the carpet when I would drive the Barbie car, and I could play like that for HOURS.
14. I discovered ABBA at the ripe age of 7 (or 8) when I found an old cassette tape in my parent’s collection and started listening to it (only because it was colorful and had a song called Dancing Queen). I’ve loved them ever since.
15. I can’t draw, paint or do anything artsy to save my life. I jumped for joy walking out of my last required art class in 8th grade (that is, until i discovered adobe illustrator).
16. I’m really good at math but I don’t know calculus because I took AP Stats instead. I love algebra and trig and am jealous kevin gets to teach math to middle schoolers for 2 years!!
17. I dislike the taste (or lack thereof) of regular water and always have a crystal light on-the-go packet handy (I drink 2-3 bottles of water a day).
18. In addition to flavored water, I love diet coke a lot more than I should.
19. I was one of the first 3 people from my graduating class to get facebook.
20. I met O-Town (boyband) in a mall right before my 16th birthday and one of them sang happy birthday to me. Best day of my life?
21. I’ve never been overseas. Only to Canada, and now I can’t even go there! No passport 😦
22. I still sleep with a stuffed animal. It’s not so much a comfort thing as an I-Don’t-Want-To-Suffocate-In-My-Sleep kind of thing (it keeps me propped up).
23. Up until December 20th, 2008, I had never lost luggage or had any major problems with an airline/flight. NEVER. On that day, I was stranded at JFK airport for 10 hours, finally flew home to a different city than I was supposed to, and received my luggage 3 days later.
24. I had knee surgery in 9th grade to take out a piece of excess bone resulting from a bike accident when piece of cartilage broke off of my knee cap (I was 8).
25. According to deathclock.com, I’m going to die on February 23rd, 2066. This date has not changed for like, 10 years. Plan accordingly.
Sorry I’m not weirder. It’s the best I could do.